Lesson overview: How did the Chartists affect the political rights we have today?View in classroom
In this lesson, you will find out about a group of people who demanded political change. You will investigate who the Chartists were, what campaign methods they used and whether they were successful. We will explore what effect the Chartists had on modern day political rights. Finally, after studying more recent methods of campaigning, we will consider how citizens can create change.
6 lessons in Why was the struggle for the vote important today? :
- How have our political rights changed over time?
- How did the Chartists affect the political rights we have today?
- Which methods were most successful in the fight for female suffrage?
- Why does voting matter?
- Should 16 and 17 year olds be allowed to vote in elections?
- How can we exercise democratic rights without a vote?