Lesson overview: How did individuals change medical understanding between 1500-1700?View in classroom
A study of the discoveries of Andreas Vesalius and William Harvey and the extent of their impact of medical understanding.
30 lessons in Medicine through time, c.1250-present day:
- How much medical progress did ancient Greece and Rome make?
- What did people think about where disease came from in medieval Britain?
- How did people in medieval times try to prevent and cure diseases?
- Who did people go to for medical help in medieval times?
- What can the Black Death tell us about medieval medicine?
- How much medical progress was made during medieval Britain?
- Why was there greater medical progress between 1500-1700?
- Why did ideas about causes of disease change between 1500-1700?
- How did individuals change medical understanding between 1500-1700?
- How did ideas about the cause of disease change between 1700-1900?
- Why did ideas about the cause of disease change between 1700-1900?
- How did ideas about causes of disease change after 1900?
- How quickly did ideas about causes of disease change and why did ideas change over time?
- Did ideas about prevention and treatment change between 1500-1700?
- How did approaches differ in dealing with the Great Plague compared to the Black Death?
- When did vaccination really start to make a difference to health in Britain?
- How far did John Snow change ideas about the prevention of disease?
- How and why did ideas about responsibility for public health change?
- How did hospitals change over time and improve prevention and treatment of illness and disease?
- Why were there improvements in surgery?
- Did the NHS transform medicine in Britain?
- How far did treatment advance in the 20th century?
- How important was the role of chance in the discovery and development of penicillin?
- How has the use of science and technology changed ideas around the treatment and prevention of lung cancer?
- How quickly did ideas about prevention and treatment of disease change and why did ideas change over time?
- How were trenches designed and why did battles on the Western Front lead to medical advancement?
- What medical conditions were there on the Western Front?
- How far did war on the Western Front give rise to new techniques in medical treatment?
- How were wounded soldiers helped on the Western Front?
- How far did WW1 accelerate medicine and treatment in the 20th century?