Lesson overview: How can secondary chords be introduced in an accompaniment?View in classroom
In this lesson you will learn about the secondary chords and how these can be used to add interest to chord progressions. You will learn how to create your own chord progression and explore how to make it more rhythmically exciting.
13 lessons in Band Musicianship 1: The four-chord trick:
- What is the role of chords?
- How do chords help us to identify reggae?
- Which are the most useful chords?
- How can secondary chords be introduced in an accompaniment?
- How can we play in a virtual band?
- How are pop songs constructed?
- Performing popular music drum patterns
- To explore how popular music drum patterns communicate a style, and understand how and why the band set-up has changed
- To be able to identify musical contrast in a song, and understand how a musical group communicates and balances the sound
- Understanding chord inversions: Composing a successful 4-chord chord progression
- To understand how to add interest and contrast to a chord sequence
- To understand how word are set to music, and explore how to compose lyrics in a structure
- To understand how to compose a rap