Lesson overview: Exploring place valueView in classroom
In this lesson, we are going to explore place value using objects. You will use a tens frame to place objects and to help count them. Although children will also explore the use of number cards, this is additional to the objective and the main focus of the learning should be on practising counting and placing objects accurately. You can find out more about exploring place value with children in Jenni Back's article on the nrich website.
10 lessons in Numbers within 20:
- Counting objects up to 20
- Ordering numbers up to 20
- Developing a sense of 10
- Exploring place value
- Finding one more than a number to 20
- Finding one less than a given number
- Exploring one more and one less
- Investigating number combinations within 20
- Review lesson: A maths meeting!
- Patterns and ordinal numbers